- 1970's: Born in Staffordshire, England.
- 1980's: Education focusing on fine art.
- 1990's: Traveled across Europe, settling in Greece for several years. Worked behind the scenes at the prestigious Grand Theatre between periods abroad.
- 2000's: Moved to California and spent eight years as lead set designer/fabricator for a Fortune 500 company.
- 2010's: Currently a freelance creative providing design/build solutions for commercial and private clients.
With a multidisciplinary background, Ian Hughes is an exacting craftsman with a keen eye for detail.
Early experience in theater production informed his sense of light, space and drama.
As a painter and photographer, his work has been exhibited at The National Gallery, London, and published as book cover and album artwork. His custom woodwork can be seen at The Chateau Marmont, Hollywood and in fine homes throughout the city.
Thrilled to be a resident of Los Angeles since 2001, he's inspired by the city's capacity for innovation and reinvention.